A tummy tuck offers long-lasting benefits. Although intended to tighten and tone the stomach area, it can also aid weight loss. The removal of fatty tissue may result in increased satiety (feeling fuller faster) due to the hormones contained in fat.
Weight fluctuations are normal, but a large weight gain of ten pounds or more may cause stretch marks and sagging skin.
To ensure success after your tummy tuck surgery, it is important to follow proper protocol. Here are our recommendations for keeping stomach fat off following the surgery.
- Exercise. Low impact exercises for 6 months such as water aerobics, yoga, walking, and moderate cycling are good ways to move your body while being gentle with it.
- Healthy Diet. Getting the right balance of macronutrients and micronutrients will go along way during your healing process. We recommend eating lots of protein for satiation and fiber to prevent painful digestion. Stick to fruits, vegetables, whole grains, lean meats, and healthy fats to help you maintain a healthy body weight while helping your body heal.
- Wait Until You’re Done Having Kids. We advise waiting until you are done having children due to the amount of stretching and weight gain. The changes that occur during pregnancy can reverse your results.
- Rest and Recover. Avoid stress and don’t push yourself too hard. Give your body plenty of time to sleep and relax!
- Follow Your Doctor’s Advice. You will receive a document with detailed instructions on care following your procedure. Follow these closely for best results!
- Pair Your Tummy Tuck With Liposuction. If you have a lot of excess fat or are concerned with keeping fat off, consider getting a liposuction while you’re getting your tummy tuck done.
Interested in learning more about Tummy Tuck Surgery but want to manage your weight? Be sure to follow these tips to keep the fat away! Or, if you have any questions or concerns about keeping fat off following your tummy tuck surgery, don’t hesitate to reach out.