Choosing to undergo a tummy tuck surgery can be a life-altering decision. It can boost your body image, relieve urinary incontinence, strengthen your core, decrease your risk for certain conditions such as diabetes, and give you improved control over your bodily functions. A tummy tuck, also known medically as an abdominoplasty, is done by removing excess skin and fat from the abdominal region while also tightening the abdominal muscles.
Why is it done?
A tummy tuck may be done for a multitude of reasons, including:
- Body changes after pregnancy.
- C-Section surgery.
- Major weight loss.
- Natural body shape.
When is the right time?
- When you don’t plan to lose any more weight and are maintaining your weight.
- When you are done having children. Although a tummy tuck doesn’t prevent you from having another child, becoming pregnant will cause your stomach to stretch again.
- When you have time to rest. You will likely have to take some time off work to recover.
Things to consider
As you consider getting a tummy tuck, please understand that it is one of the more invasive surgeries than typical cosmetic ones. It is a serious surgery, and the people who tend to have the best results are the people who properly follow instructions on how to heal.
- Realize that it will take time to heal.
- You may have to take it easy for several weeks, avoiding intense exercise and getting plenty of rest.
- You may not be bikini ready immediately due to post-operative swelling.
Experienced tummy tuck surgeon in Louisville, KY
By removing excess skin and fat from your abdominal region, you will be delighted to see a more slim and toned physique. Dr. Juan Quintero is a recognized and talented plastic surgeon and has over 10 years of experience in the field. Tummy tuck surgeries can also be performed in conjunction with other procedures such as a breast lift or any of the procedures listed here if so desired for a more complete makeover. To see if you would make a good candidate for a tummy tuck operation, check out the information American Society for Plastic Surgeons’ website. If you would like to learn more about tummy tuck surgery, please contact the JQ Plastics team here.